If you are into travel marketing business, you must make use of Pinterest to drive more traffic to your independent travel business website and to reach out to large number of prospective travelers across the world.
The very fact that Pinterest is not text-based unlike most social networking sites has lead to its widespread popularity. It offers a great option to travel professionals to market their business and their brand to their prospective customers by sharing exciting and inspirational travel photos. Pinterest can be effectively used for tapping in people who are looking for vacation ideas and tips for planning their perfect vacation.
If you are new to this marketing media, here is how you can make Pinterest work for your travel brand :
- Use your travel brand or business name to create your business account at Pinterest. To ensure that people can find you easily, keep it short and simple.
- Use your logo as your profile picture. It looks quite professional. Be very careful when defining yourself in the About us section as this is where people would read about you, your travel company, and your services.
- Use Pinterest to showcase your expertise and credibility as a travel service provider. Pin photos of the top selling travel destinations. You can use photos of your clients to showcase the beauty of the travel destination. Or, you can put photos of thee popular sightseeing attractions in the particular travel destination collected from your independent searches.
- Add captions to each photo along with your travel business name and website. It would help people in co-relating the vacation destinations with your individual business.
- Create photo boards to market the primary travel markets that you cater to. If you specialize in family travel, luxury travel, or single-travelers holidays, white water rafting holidays, camping holidays, and so on and so forth you must create Pinterest boards based on that specialty. It would help you capture your niche travel market and would set you apart from hundreds of other travel professionals.
- Take interest in what others are doing at Pinterest. Do not get over obsessed with posting your own travel photos only. If you come across photos of the holiday destinations or travel sites that you specialize in, re-pin those photos on your own board or like them. This will generate new followers for your page and will improve the visibility of your Pinterest page.
- Use your facebook page to promote your Pinterest page. You can also add your travel business website and your email in the Pinterest Widget.