With the rise of internet search for all our daily requirements, Google Places have gained immense popularity in past few years. It is the fastest and no-cost way to make customers know about your business. It doesn’t matter if you are a local business with a local customer base. Any business that doesn’t have a Google Places listing is sure to lose out on its valuable clientele by being absconding. So set up Google business account and get create Google Places listings for your business.
- Create an account: Before you list on Google Places, you need to open a Google account. Prefer to create a separate account from your Google personal account. Once you have created a Google account, you need to “list your business”.
- Basic information: Once you have listed your business, you will have to put your basic business details like business type along with its description, physical address, email address, website URL and business categories.
- Verify your business: Before your Google places listings start to show up, you need to verify you listings. Google gives you three options – SMS text, phone or text to verify your business as an authentic company. A postcard is the most recommended by Google for greatest safety but takes around 2 to 3 weeks for the verification process to complete. Once you proceed with the verification process, you will receive a PIN. You need to punch in PIN into your Google Places Account for the verification process to complete. Once the verification process is complete, your business will start showing in Google Places listings.
- Page content and customer reviews: Both your page content and customer reviews are important to boost your Google Places listings. Upload photos, videos and relevant information to make it interesting and improve your Google Places listings.
- Analytics monitoring: Whenever you log in into Google account, you would be able to monitor the number of clicks on your website’s URL. You can also see the top search queries for which your business got listed. You can put on an email alert for your Google Places review analytics to notify you for business inquiries made on website on regular basis.
So set up your Google places listings with ten minutes of your time to enhance your business visibility manifold.