E-commerce industry has witnessed tremendous growth over the past few years. When it comes to attracting new customers and increasing sales, a higher ranking on Google can make all the difference. For this reason, designing an SEO-friendly website is of paramount importance. Here are some of the tips that may help e-commerce websites achieve higher Google rankings-
• User-friendly navigation is an absolute must from SEO perspective. It is essential for e-retailers to clearly define all the categories and make the website easy-to-navigate. This is important to avoid the pages of your website from competing against each other.
• It is important to avoid content duplication. On many e-commerce sites, same content is available via different URLs. This can have a negative impact on the overall effectiveness of the website and reduce the ranking.
• When the new products are introduced, you may consider optimizing the theme of your website so that the latest products can be easily found.
• It is important to write effective descriptions of the products you’re selling. Concise and informative product descriptions will play a key role in improving the ranking of your site on Google.
• Make sure that your website developer and SEO consultant are working together as a team right from the beginning.