With every company having its online presence on internet, website designing has become a part of a company’s advertising budget. When a customer visits a company’s website, what user experience he/she has on the website goes a long way in making your brand’s strong online presence. Each year there are some trends which dominate the website designing market and this year is no exception:
- Responsive websites: It’s comes as a Google’s recommendation; responsive websites are designed to be compatible for devices with different screen surfaces. Aimed at smartphone market, responsive websites have lesser bounce rate as compared to non- responsive websites. Since responsive websites are compatible to both smartphones and desktops, you only need one SEO campaign for both. This gives responsive websites an edge over other website designs with lesser maintenance and redesigning costs increasing a company ROI.
- Single Page and scrolling: With responsive websites becoming the new definition of mobile marketing, single page design, parallax scrolling, column-based scrolling, horizontal scrolling and infinite scrolling will take the lead this year.
- Simpler web designs: The new trend in web designing is simplicity. Simple page layout which makes the user interface friendlier is gaining popularity. Bigger font sizes along with saturated colors and creative typography are replacing complex web designs. Fixed headers are going to be on the topmost priority in web designs layout since them more convenient for a user when scrolling down to next page making navigation easier.
- Enhanced imagery: Websites are moving from being text rich to graphics rich designs. Hence enhanced graphic experience with massive pictures and background imagery will replace texture in 2014.
- Simple icons: Skeuomorphism was a trend introduced by Apple and is ended by Apple itself in their latest smartphone. Simpler and user friendly icons are back in trend in 2014.
So if you are planning to redesign your website, make your website more user friendly with these latest trends for 2014 which aim to enhance user experience.